Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's POTTY Time!!!


Yes you heard me right... it's POTTY time!! WOOT! Griffin is potty training, or should I say he is potty trained! That is so amazing to say!! Griffin has known how to use the potty for quite some time, but just didn't seem to really care about using it. We had decided that we wanted the potty training process to happen when he was ready and not when we were ready, ha, but we constantly were letting him sit on the potty so that he would get used to it! Well it sure did pay off!

This past Sunday, May 23rd, when we got home from church Griffin told me he needed to go potty... WHAT!? Yea!! So we ran to the bathroom and he WENT! Later that day while at a friends house he started doing the potty dance and I asked if he needed to go, he said yes, and he WENT! So when we got home we put underwear on and he used the potty the rest of the evening. So... on Monday morning I asked him if he needed to go potty when he got up and he said yes, and again he WENT! So I put underwear on him and he used the potty ALL day long, with only one very small accident while we were in the car trying to make it home, and then one boom boom (this is what we call #2!) accident. Not bad for his first real day!

Tuesday we did the same thing in the morning, he went potty and put on underwear for the day! He used the potty all day like a champ and even boom boomed on the potty! I have never been so excited over boom boom!! HA! He has been so totally proud of himself and I know that is because he is doing this for and by himself, and I am so glad we let him take the lead!! He stayed dry all day, even when we went and ran errands... including a stop at Papa and Nana's house to tell them how good he was doing and to get a little surprise they had for him... CARS underwear!! He has Sesame Street, which he loves, and he was so pumped to get some CARS undies too!

Wednesday, same morning routine, and then he went potty all day!! He even boom boomed TWICE on the potty!! WOOHOO!!!! He had one small accident as we were running to the potty from playing outside, but not a biggie! One little story... we were leaving and he went potty right before we left. We got in the car and started backing out of the driveway and he yelled "I GOTTA POTTY!!" so I pulled back into the driveway and we ran in... sure enough he had to boom boom!!! I just think that's awesome!

I am just amazed with him and how smoothly this has gone. He tells us when he needs to go EVERY time and he GOES!!! He isn't even 2 1/2 yet!!! I am just so proud, and am so pumped that he is doing so amazing at it!!

SO PROUD!!


OH BONUS! He went ALL day today in the same pair of undies!!!! NO accidents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment